The Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) Documentation Grant is a co-funding scheme administered by the Veer Capital Green Group (VCGG) to encourage companies to develop CDM projects in India. VCGG will arrange the Grant on merit of each case.
Form of Assistance
Funding would be provided for up to:
- 50% of the qualifying cost of engaging us as carbon consultant to develop a new methodology and Project Design Document (PDD)
- 30% of the qualifying cost of engaging a carbon consultant to develop a PDD that uses an existing approved methodology.
The maximum amount of funding to any CDM project is capped at $100,000.
The qualifying costs include:
- Salaries paid to consultants (Provide a breakdown for each member in the consultancy team, such as man-hours and hourly rate)
- Air Travel
- Cost of Living Allowance
The cost of implementing the CDM project would not be supported under the CDM Documentation Grant
The proposed CDM project must meet the following:
- The contract between the CDM project developer and the carbon consultancy for the development of the CDM project design document and/or methodology has not been signed;
- The CDM stakeholder meeting has not been carried out; and
- Construction and implementation of the CDM project have not begun.
- The CDM project developer must be registered in India; and
- The proposed CDM project must be located in India.
The carbon consultant the carbon consultant(s) engaged by the project developer must possess demonstrable experience and expertise in developing PDDs and CDM methodologies (e.g. the carbon consultants have served as a consultant to at least one other registered CDM project).
Disbursement of Grants
All disbursements of grants will be made on a reimbursement basis.
|1st installment||Disbursement of 40% of the approved grant upon formalization of contractual agreement between the project developer and the carbon consultant.||This contract is to be signed within 3 months from the issue of the grant's Letter of Offer by VCGG.|
|2nd installment||Disbursement of the next 50% of the approved grant upon successful validation of the proposed project by one of the CDM Executive Board’s (EB) operational entities (DOE).||The initial submission of the PDD to DOE must be within 18 months from the issue of the Letter of Offer.|
|3rd installment||Disbursement of the last 10% of the approved grant upon successful registration of the project by the CDM||Registration by the EB should take place within 3 years from the issue of the Letter of Offer|